Cancel! Cancel!

Ugh.  I’m Officially. The. Worst. 

I’ve already changed my mind on the ceiling scraping project.  Three main reasons:

1.  THE MESS

2.  My crazily optimistic estimation of the scope of the project.

3.  My desire to stay married.

Allow me to elaborate…

1.  MESS - Kind of obvious… but even I (ha!) underestimated how bad it would be. I’ve already cleaned twice, and we’re still finding chunks of ceiling popcorn everywhere.  Like the top of the fridge.  (Ooops.  That may have been missed in the double cleaning.)  Under the microwave, all over the railings.  It’s literally everywhere.

dust

2.  PROJECT SCOPE - Yesterday was cloudy, so it was like looking at the ceiling through a filter.  Today in the bright sunshine there were just way too many imperfections on my ‘smooth’ ceiling.  I think I’m too much of a perfectionist to be happy with it like that.  My Dad thinks we can sand the rough parts.  But seriously… scraping, then SANDING the whole ceiling???  Is WAY too much work for me.

3.  MARRIAGE - I don’t think Jeff we can live with the mess of scraping/sanding every room in the main floor of our house.  So we’re going to have to re-popcorn the part that I scraped.  What a sad, sad sentence to type.  Blerg.  I was bitching and moaning mentioning to Jeff that our house was going to have to stay stuck in the ‘80s forever because of the ceilings.  He reminded me that if I wanted prettier ceilings we could build a new house in a new neighbourhood, but we wouldn’t live on the park where we can watch our kids walk to school, or have a yard surrounded by mature trees with bunches of perennials that are beginning to bloom. 

IMG_1279 

OK, fine.  The ceiling stays.