Fiesta! {Jack’s 6th Birthday Party}

Since I actually put some effort into Beckett’s birthday party this year, the pressure was on to do something special for Jack this week. 

The one thing that Jack really wanted to do for his party was go out to a nearby Mexican restaurant for cheese quesadillas (his favourite!)  However, it’s not easy to go out for dinner with a group of 15, so we decided to host the fiesta at our place. 
We happen to have a very good friend who is a chef (and Mexican!!!)  He whipped up some amazing quesadillas, along with the best guacamole ever, and a special salsa… not too spicy for the benefit of the wimpy Canadians!
I must say.  This is the way to host a party!  Not having to cook made it SO much more enjoyable! 
We ate outside:

The kids had a piñata, which also took care of the ‘treat bag’ issue:

The low point of the party?  The lemonade cupcakes that I attempted for dessert.  Why do I even try???  They were embarrassingly bad.  It looked like a 6 year old made them.  For the record, they tasted good.  (You can find the recipe here.)  But man, did they look terrible!  Brace yourself…

Seriously… wtf???  Next time I’m leaving this to the professionals.  Or maybe my Mom.   
Otherwise, the party was a big success!  The birthday boy loved it.  And I loved seeing him love it!

Happy 6th Birthday Jack!