White Slipcovers

I have spent the last couple of weeks in my own personal sweat shop (we have no a/c) sewing slipcovers for my two family room sofas.  I`m not a patient person, and I thought this project would take an afternoon.  Well, two afternoons:  one per sofa.  HA!!!  In reality it took me WEEKS.  (Not like I was full-time sewing… I was working with 1 to 2 hour pockets of time whenever I could squeeze them in.) 
I`m happy to say that I`m FINALLY finished! 
 

Here`s a reminder of what the sofas looked like before… the mismatched beiges were driving me bonkers.

NOTE #1:  An important quote that I had to keep in mind while finishing off this project:
“Don’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good.”
- from Gretchen Rubin`s Happiness Project.
I could have nipped an tucked these suckers all day long trying to get them perfect.  But really, that`s a waste of time when they will probably be used to set up a “Wipeout” course within a week. 
NOTE #2:  I don`t really feel qualified to give a slipcover tutorial.  I did take a slipcovering class years ago, but I can’t say I really followed a set of specific directions this time.  I just kind of held the fabric up, pinned, cut, and sewed.  Basically I just winged it.  However, I would recommend this great tutorial from Honeybear Lane (I found it after I was pretty much finished!)