Progress Report: Kitchen Shelves

Progress in the kitchen… finally!  I kind of lost interest in my kitchen update project this summer.  Well, I kind of lost interest in all of my projects, actually. 

However… my Dad had time yesterday to install my floating shelves, and I LOVE them!  It totally changed the room.  And it kind of got me motivated again.  

 

The shelves are from IKEA, and I just spray painted the brackets gold.  (What a difference gold spray paint makes!)

Things to notice:

1.  The switch plates are missing because during the grout debacle I got grey grout all over the switches and now it won’t come off so they need to be replaced.  Balls.

2.  The two big bowls of fruit… I can not BELIEVE how much the 4 boys are eating!!!  They’ll power through a huge bowl of fruit in a day (plus a ton of other stuff).  They want to eat every 5 minutes.  Are all boys like this???