2011 Trend Forecast

I'm keeping this simple.  Three predictions for 2011...

1.  Pink is the new beige.
2.  Orange is the new pink.
3.  Huge quirky photos are the new art.

... and why I think they'll be hot trends:
 
1.  Pink is the new beige.  I think it's safe to say that everyone loves a pop of pink in a room.  But in 2011, I think we'll see pink hitting the walls in a big way.  Goodbye beige, hello pink!  Some examples:
via 1 2 3 4 5 6 

2.  Orange is the new pink.  Since pink is going to be everyone's favorite wall color for 2011, we need a new color to add that pop to our rooms... enter orange!
via 7 8 9 10 11 12

3.  Huge quirky photos are the new art.  Over-sized family photos (especially ones with quirky poses) are such a fun and accessible way to add eye-catching art to a family home.  I absolutely adore these, and this is one trend that I will definitely add to my home in 2011!  I see these becoming as popular as family photo walls have been in the past.



via 13 14 15 16 

*** for more 2011 trend predictions see Design Refuge ***