Media Storage Issues

Media storage is tricky.  Why is there so much of this type of thing???

And this...

Seriously... a tiny fake fireplace under a massive flat screen tv???  NO.
images via

OK... enough of the ugly stuff.  I'm working on my Mom & Dad's family room right now.  We want to find two free-standing pieces (one for each side of the fire place).  One of them needs to be deep enough to house all of the electronics associated with the tv.  Ideally, they will be closed storage to hide all of the electronic components as well as all of the toys, books, and other grandkid stuff.  We only have a 47'' space to work with and the cabinets have to be at least 17'' deep.  A bit of a challenge!

Here are the top three options that I've come up with:


It's pretty easy to guess which one my favorite is... the mirrored one, obviously.  I wonder which Mom and Dad will choose???