Our week

I started the week out by accidentally washing a children's book. How would that ever happen, you might wonder? Well, Becks loves books so much that he cuddles up with them every night.

Apparently this one was wedged way down in the sheets, and I bundled it up with the laundry. Blurg. It was no match for my shiny red washing machine.

On the good side, Auntie Jodi (Jeff's sister) has been staying with us all week. That means fun fun fun for the boys. Like Tim Bits (donuts) on the way to school, and endless hockey games in the basement. She also surprised me with fresh flowers when I was complaining about the January blahs. We're spoiled.

Speaking of Auntie Jodi... she is about to embark on a huge adventure.  She's moving to Africa on SUNDAY!!!  She has been given the amazing opportunity to work on an international development project in Tanzania.  She'll be working with local people to develop agricultural programs that use new irrigation systems.  I admire Jodi's adventurous spirit, and her willingness to take risks and pursue her dream.

You can read all about it in her blog:  
[IMG_9275.JPG]

So the week has been kind of bittersweet.  Jodi has lived down the street from us for the last 3 years, and I can't quite imagine what it'll be like when she is half-way around the world from us!  I love watching the boys play with Jodi... they have so much fun with her, and they are going to miss her big time.

At the same time, I'm excited to hear all about her journey.  I have a feeling it will be one heck of an adventure!