Family Room Update and Some Random Stuff

1.  The walls are white!  The trim is white!  The railing is black!  Yay!  I ended up choosing Benjamin Moore’s Moonlight White OC-125, and I love it!  Here’s a sneek peek of the family room… before and not-quite-after:

Obviously, there is still quite a bit of work to be done in the decorating department, but can you believe how much bigger and brighter the room looks?
2.  The chalk-board wall in my kitchen is frustrating the crap out of me.  I thought it would be awesome to use the magnetic primer (so that I could get the kid-art off my fridge), and I saw Nate use it and it worked really well on his show.  But… I’m on my 9th coat, and it’s still not strong enough to hold up a photo.  Nards.  After reading the directions, I realized that I’m spreading it too thin… but I really want a smooth finish because of the chalk-board wall… so hopefully after another 8 coats, it’ll be good to go.  I’ll keep you posted. 
3.  If any of you thought my ‘vagina-wall’ post this week was too much… then don’t read this post over at The Man Repeller.  But if you want to laugh out loud, then definitely go there.  I love that girl… funny funny stuff.
via
4.  I totally have a crush on Adam Levine thanks to the show “The Voice.”
via
5.  Lastly… I want to be cool enough to go to Blogfest in NY.  Just sayin.  Maybe next year. 
via