What a week…

MONDAY:
It was a day off in Canada.  I did this: 

Yay!  After too many coats of magnetic primer to count (well, actually, I did count them… I’ll elaborate on that process in another post) I finally was able to paint on the chalk board.  Hello dramatic black wall!!!  Can’t wait to get to the cupboards now!
TUESDAY:
My boys FLOODED the kitchen so badly that it leaked through the basement ceiling, and soaked the basement carpet.  That’s not the worst part… it also damaged the hardwood floor in the kitchen.

It was one of my “Mom of the Year” moments.  I left the two of them happily doing dishes (yes, it’s a favourite activity at our house) and went upstairs to check email.  5 minutes later I was dashing down the stairs to the sound of buckets (well, mixing bowls) full of water swooshing onto the floor, accompanied by shrieks of glee from the two boys.  The water was deep enough for them to slide around in a get completely drenched during the clean up process.  ANYWAYS… the only good thing to come of it was that it forced me to move my oven, and it desperately needed to be cleaned back there anyways. 
WEDNESDAY:
Mini breakdown over the last Oprah episode. 
Oprah Winfreyvia
I had a major ugly cry.  (I should have known I would be emotional over it based on how much I cried over the last episode of Golden Girls years ago.)  Anyways… I’ve watched Oprah for as long as I can remember, and I’m going to miss her.  Check out The Oprah Gratitude Project.  It’s cool.
THURSDAY
My birthday.  Had a great day.  Went out for lunch, had cupcakes at Mom & Dad’s house, and received two surprisingly dirty hilarious cards!  Good stuff. 
FRIDAY
Well, that’s today.  So far so good…
Just got confirmation that our lien was fully discharged!  Hooray!
Plus, I just got this in the mail:

Happy weekend everyone!