Best Parts: Rue Issue 4

I decided that I needed to start posting about the things that I want to remember from my favourite reads.  It’s just too time consuming to re-read and re-read and re-read.  Then sometimes I (annoyingly) forget the parts that I wanted to remember… if that makes any sense at all.  So I’m going to start a re-cap series.  It’s primarily for my own benefit.  I realize that most of you have already poured over that pages of Rue this month… what are your faves???  Here are mine:

1.  Entire walls of chalk board.  (This idea also made my 100 Things list this week!) 

Image above is from the home of fabric designer Bonnee Sharp.  I LOVE the way she added the gold frames.
This image is part of the studio shared by ‘bash, please’ and Annie McElwain. 

2.  Midcentury dining sets with large white ball pendants and lots of windows with patterned drapes.  Is it just me, or was it kind of weird that Rue featured two such similar rooms this issue???  Whatever.  I like them.

Image on left is the home of Bonnee Sharp and image on right is the home of Andy Beers.

3.  The block of soft grey chevron to define the entry area and to act as a backdrop for the rustic re-claimed wood shelves.  Super cool.

Office space of ‘bash, please’ and Annie McElwain.

4.  Huge artwork made up of a bunch of smaller photos.

Another image from the office of ‘bash, please’ and Annie McElwain.

All photos via Rue Issue Four.