Calling All Superheros! {Beckett's 4th Birthday}

I've never been one to go all out for my kids birthday parties.   My boys still think that balloons are an exciting treat, so that's usually the extent of the party decor for any given occasion.

But guess what? The blog world got me all inspired this year, so I decided to have a theme for Beckett's party. We went with 'superheros' because it gave the boys another chance to wear their Halloween costumes, which they love. I asked my blog friend Rachie of A Chi Chi Affair to help me out. She put together a ton of fabulous ideas and resources. I wouldn't have known where to start on my own, so thank you Rachie!



The kids started out by making super hero masks.  I downloaded templates here.  I'm pretty sure the masks are STILL not dry because of the excessive use of glitter glue. Next time we'll stick with stickers.

For party decor, I downloaded some cute printables from here. The kit included invitations as well as decorations for treat bags and juice boxes, and cupcake toppers.

After one failed batch of cupcakes (stupid cake mix) I learned how to make cake balls.  They turned out pretty cute (in a very home-made-looking way.)  I stuck them on a stick and added printable superhero gear from here.

I knew that we would still need something to stick candles in, so I made a rice krispie cake and decorated it with the cupcake toppers from the printable kit, and some blue icing.  It's not the most professional looking cake, but it worked.

Here's the birthday boy around noon:
BAM!  ZAP!  POW!  

Here he is by 3pm:
KONK.

Long day for a 4-year-old superhero.
Happy Birthday Beckett!