House Rules

I thought that it would be fun to make a big graphic subway-style sign with some 'house rules' for our kitchen. So I came up with what I thought was an all-encompassing list of rules.  I typed it out, had it printed on glossy poster paper (18" x 36"), and stapled it onto an inexpensive stretcher frame.  I thought it turned out great!


Then Jack came home from school.

He read the list, and (in his trademark intense and serious way) started to point out all of the rules that I apparently missed.  "But Mom... what about...
- "no contact" (I say this every single day at school when the boys are pushing and shoving their way down the hallway).
- "no mouth noises". (I can't stand 'mouth noises' of any kind... clicking, slurping, whistling, wheezing, hiccoughing... Just NO.)
- "no tickling". (I hate tickling. Does anyone actually like to be tickled? NO.)
- "no sassy talking". (I don't think this one requires much explanation.)
- "no baby talk".  (Super annoying.)

So now I'm kind of embarrassed by my list. I guess they are the rules I'd like to aspire to. Jack's list of rules are closer to reality. Trust the 5 year old to point out the obvious. (He also made it abundantly clear that he would NOT be following the 'give hugs and kisses' rule... hahahaha... Seriously, what was I thinking with that one anyway???  I told him that rule could just be for the Moms and Dads.)

I think I need to make another sign with our 'real' family rules.