Kitchen Inspiration: Lighting

I’m all set to do the final bits of demo in my kitchen this week!  Woohoo!  The tile is already down (along with big chunks of drywall… oh well.)  Tomorrow the bulk-head is coming down and the new drywall is going up!  Fun times.

I need to get focused on lighting.  I think I might want two of the same fixture in the kitchen to replace my old florescent box, and then something complimentary for above my kitchen table.  I’m leaning toward something industrial-looking like these:

Une pièce à vivre spacieuse : côté salle à manger

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

But then I get swayed by the 1970’s glam and want something more like this:

Sasha Seymour via H&H

What to do???  I could probably start searching for some cool vintage seventies fixtures, and I bet I’d find something fun.  But if I go for the other style I could get them easily (and inexpensively) from places like IKEA, or West Elm. 

 

photos:

1 - Home of Catherine Le-Van via Marie Claire Maison.

2 - Home of Christine d’Ornano via Spanish Elle Decor.

3 – From the portfolio of Simon Whitbread Photography.

4 - Home of Josephine Persson via Allt i Hemmet.

5 - Home of Sasha Seymour via House & Home.