AyA ‘BlogPodium bound’ Contest

I was so excited when I heard about the AyA “BlogPodium Bound” ContestAyA Kitchens and Baths is flying one Canadian design blogger to Toronto in May for BlogPodium!  After everything that I read about the first BlogPodium event, I’m dying to attend the event in May.   

The challenge was to create a dream kitchen mood board.  Kind of timely since I’ve been working away on my own kitchen facelift for the past few weeks!  I skipped over to the AyA Kitchens and Baths website for some inspiration, and here’s what I came up with:

Kitchen 

With my love for black and white, it was only natural that I designed a bistro style kitchen with white cabinetry, and a black island.  I fell in love with the open shelving in the AyA Kitchens and Baths gallery, so that was a mandatory touch.  For practicality, I chose quartz countertops.  Classic white subway tile with dark grout emphasises the bistro feel.  A professional range with a traditional hood front, both in black, provide contrast and a great focal point.  Brass hardware and lighting add warmth, and the bright green tolix stools give a fabulous pop of color!

Sources:

1 – open shelving – kitchen by AyA Kitchens and Baths photo via Canadian House & Home

2 – wall lighting – Circa Lighting

3 – over island lighting – Restoration Hardware

4 – traditional hood front – AyA Kitchens and Baths

5 – professional range (in black) – Bertazzoni 36” Range via Mrs. G TV & Appliances

6 – Bedford style cabinetry in white (perimeter) and jet black (island) – AyA Kitchens and Baths

7 – brass hardware – Restoration Hardware and Lee Valley

8 – misty carrera quartz countertop – Caesarstone

9 – colorful stools – Tolix

 

Thank you to AyA Kitchens and Baths for this fantastic opportunity!