My Plan This Spring…

Print for sale by Haute to Deathvia

It’s SO close to spring… and I’m dying to re-vamp my wardrobe.  But I want to be focused this year.  I don’t want a lot of clothes, but when I look into my closet I want to know that every item looks great me… know what I mean?   

Step 1:  Get rid of stuff. 

I don’t have a big wardrobe.  I always have a few items in my ‘donate’ pile.  But I did manage to purge out 32 items that were either too big, too old, or just simply unflattering.  I had forgotten about some of the stuff that was lurking in the back of my closet!  I can’t believe how many ratty work-out clothes I was holding on to.  Not to mention my old work suits that were WAY too big… that was a nice surprise… had no idea that after two kids and almost 7 years I had actually gotten smaller!  Woohoo!      

Now that I’ve made space in my closet, I’m doing some research and making a list of pieces that I need before I start shopping.  I want a nice mix of quality classics that won’t go out of style, plus some inexpensive trendy items for fun.  Every time I get groceries at Super Store I’m tempted to bring home a cart full of Joe Fresh items.  Hence the need for a plan.