Which Would You Choose? Coffee Table vs. Ottoman

I’ve been living without a table in the center of our living room all winter:

I thought that it would be more functional to have a big open space since the kids play in that room so much.  But really… I’m tired of having no where to put my feet up, no where to set my coffee cup, etc.  I think we need to figure something out.

I’m torn between two options:

The coffee table is from World Market, and the ottoman is from West Elm (but that fabric is no longer available.)

When I saw the World Market table in Monika Hibb’s feature in Glitter Guide, I instantly loved it.  I measured it up, and it would fit perfectly!!!  I think it would be great to add a rustic/industrial element to that room.  BUT… Jeff reminded me that it might have too many hard edges considering the number of little kids that play here.

Monika Hibbs of The Doctor's Closet 

interior design: The Cross, styling: Stephanie Jean Design, photo: Ellen Ho

On the other hand, I do love the look of an ottoman upholstered in great fabric.  Plus, I could probably make one myself, which would be fun.  This one is super fabulous… Kristen Bell’s home (featured in In Style magazine.)

Kristin Bell's home - Stacey Vuduris Design

interior design: Stacey Vuduris Design.

I know which option I’m leaning towards.  But I’m curious… which would you choose?  Cool industrial coffee table?  Or ottoman in a fun fabric?