Summer Trends

I’ve been feeling like I need to inject some ‘summer’ into my home.  I have worked hard this year to establish a neutral backdrop in my living room and kitchen (which is almost finished!)  I find that the black/white/neutral scheme is super cozy and calming for the winter.  However, now that it’s summer, I’m ready to liven it up with some color. 

I have to say, the trend predictions at Style at Home are exactly what I had in mind this year!  Well, at least two out of three…

1. Aegean blue – the perfect summery blue shade for accessories

2. KILIM – we all know I’ve been obsessing over this trend lately!  Spoiler Alert… I ordered one!  It’s on it’s way from Turkey!

3. The third trend is Country colours – probably not going to happen in my home… but perfect for the cabin

Here’s the plan for injecting some summer trends into my living room:

Summer Style

1 – The KILIM!  The star of the room!  I ordered it from this seller on ebay.

2 – Kid Art.  This is a pencil crayon + water color map of South America made by Beckett at preschool… can you even believe how perfect it is with the colours in the kilim!?!

3 & 4 – Vases from West Elm and Indigo

5 – Tie dyed / sequin pillow from Indigo