What do you mean you don’t like white trim???

My sister in law is repainting her condo.  When she told me that she wanted gray walls, I was totally in favour.  I immediately pictured something like this:

Rockport Gray with white trim:

BM- Rockport Gray

via Young House Love

But Jodi wanted something darker, like Chelsea Gray:

via Architectural Digest

… and she absolutely DID NOT want white trim!  Eeek!  Now what?

Luckily, I like to do a lot of mindless Pinterest browsing research, and was able to find some new inspiration pics:

dark walls

Bernard Ande Photography

dens/libraries/offices - Benjamin Moore - Rockport Gray - Suzanne Kasler Soleil Flush-Mount Pendant built-ins bookshelves gray walls French doors painted gray ivory leather wingback chairs silver nailhead trim silk teal pillows zebra cowhide rug black ottoman teal blue cushion

House Beautiful

Gray floor, gray trim, gray walls

Apartment Therapy

Jodi and I both love the gray walls with gray trim.  Can’t wait to see how it turns out… the trim is already painted, and the wall colour is going on today!