First Day of School

I had a big cry last night about Jack starting kindergarten today.  He'll be away from me all day every day, and I know that I am going to miss him.  About a month ago, I was SO ready for school to start.  Now I feel so bad for thinking that!  I guess I should re-read Buddha Mom, learn to enjoy the moment.

Jack, however, woke up with a big grin on his face and an outfit in mind... his long sleeve button up "spiffy" shirt!    He was so proud to pack his lunch kit and new back pack for the first time.  He went to school happily and with no hesitation at all this year!  That made me happy!

For now, Beckett will still be at home with me.  He is registered for preschool, but needs to master the skill of "potty training" (ugh) before he is allowed to go.  So I'm going to enjoy hanging out with Beckett for the next couple of weeks, because before I know it he'll be a big boy too and be off to school every day.



This was the best picture we could get this morning, and it almost made us late for Jack's first day... 
why do kids always do weird faces when asked to smile?