Updating Casa Carissa: The Gallery Wall

I finally created my own gallery wall.  I used the stairway wall in the foyer.  The gallery is a mix of photos and art, and every piece means something to our family.  I think that's why we all love it so much.


OK... if you want the full tour and explanation of all of the pieces that made the wall, keep reading...

1.  Smiley kid photos.  This one is obvious.  Jeff says that it's his favorite part of the morning when he goes up the stairs and sees the 3 kids' smiling faces.  (He leaves for work before they are awake, so doesn't get to see them in the morning.)

2. Colorful kid art.  The boys are so proud of their artwork on the wall, and it ads a great jolt of color.  Jack made the Eiffel tower painting in school last year, and I've had it on my wall ever since.  Now Beckett has his own masterpiece to ad to the mix.


3. DIY project.  Because I like family initials in gallery walls.  And I like gold.  DIY details tomorrow.

4.  Photography by Cynthia.

5.  Print by a local artist (that I won at the  silent auction fundraiser for Taylor's volleyball team.)

5.  My own little initial. (hahaha!  I kept my last name when I got married.)

6.  Family shot.  Mandatory.

7.  Cousins.  These two boys (my sister's) are like brothers to my two boys.

8.  Portrait of our dog, Rudy, who now lives in a kid-free home because he turned out to be a biter : (
There you have it!  The full tour.