Bake-N-Blog: Vegan Coconut Sugar Cookies

Guess who was baking at 6:45am today?  Yep, me.  Because I forgot to bake a day in advance instead of the morning of the Bake-N-Blog party.  Ooops.  Luckily these cookies were relatively easy to whip up.
The recipe is courtesy of Chez Bettay the Vegan Gourmet.  It’s similar to a basic sugar cookie recipe, but with coconut milk as the liquid, and coconut oil instead of butter.  It’s a delicious twist on a classic cookie. 
So I mixed up the batter, and formed it into 3 logs, which went into the fridge for 30 minutes.  When you take them out, you can slice them into circles and put them directly onto the pan.  So easy!!!  To dress them up a bit, I added a few drops of food coloring to white sugar, and dipped the tops of the cookies in.
DSCN4656 DSCN4653 DSCN4658
Obviously, you could roll these out and use cookie cutters.  Or you could decorate with fancy royal icing.  But seriously?  If I am baking in the sixes, I’m totally taking the easy way out, because I do NOT want little helpers to notice what I’m doing and insist on being involved.  I’ll save that ordeal for after school.
The recipe made three ‘logs’ of dough.  I only used one this morning.  The others can either stay in the fridge for later or even go into the freezer.  One log made about 24 small cookies.  
DSCN4660
All I can say is YUMMMM…I’m totally having these for breakfast.
Recipe is here.
Thanks to Kelly for hosting the Bake-N-Blog party today!  Hop over to check out all of the delicious holiday recipes.
BB button 3a