Feature Drink: ‘The Grinch’

So, for the last few days I’ve been running around like a crazy person trying to ‘get ready’ for Christmas.  (Which basically means doing all of my shopping, plus baking, and decorating.)  I had one of my classic melt-downs where I realize that I’ve taken on too much and might not get everything done. 
My sister and I both decided that we would sew presents for our boys.  Great idea, but almost impossible to get done with kids who don’t want to go to sleep early anymore.  Ugh.  So last night we both set up shop at Mom & Dad’s house… one of us on the surger and the other on the sewing machine.  It was all great fun until the surger started munching up every seam.  Gak!  So I quit sewing and had a drink instead.
You have to try this drink that my Mom and Dad mixed upIt’s so delicious and perfect for holiday entertaining!  I found a few variations online, but here’s the recipe my Mom used:
photo via
1 oz vanilla vodka
1 oz KeKe Beach key lime liqueur
2 oz pineapple juice
shake with ice.