Basement Debate

So... our basement didn't even make my project list.  It is hideous - bright red carpet, red light switches and plug-ins, tiny windows,  and a low suspended ceiling with not enough lighting.  On the good side, it is pretty much indestructible which makes it a perfect for bike riding and hockey puck shooting area for the kids.  On the bad side, it's hideous, and I hate spending any time down there.

Jeff would really like to fix it up.  He can envision it as an area to watch sports and play Wii.  I just can't get on board with the plan.  I feel like it will suck up way too much time and money to get it to a level that we're I'm happy with.

However... the photos of this Sarah Richardson basement project have me inspired.  If I can work in a wall of Hicks Hexagon wallpaper, I just might be convinced!