Good from far but far from good

I had paint left over from my chevron rug, so I thought it would be fun to add some chevron stripes to the roller blind in my mud room.  Quick easy project, right?  Not so much.  It looks ok from a distance, but trust me, up close it is a bit of a disaster.  I ran into a couple of problems - both related to the little holes in the roller blind fabric.

 First, while I was rolling, I could tell that the paint was squishing through the little holes onto the newspaper that I had laid out underneath.  Somehow it did not occur to me that the paint would dry onto the newspaper.  Yuck.  Now the newspaper is all stuck to the back of the blind.

Second, in some places the paint kind of filled in the little holes in the blind, making opaque blotches all over the place.  Ugly.

So now I need to fix it.  I might try to do something with this fabulous fabric.  It's been on hold for use in Beckett's room, but I think I can spare enough for the blind: