My first design screw-up

Thank goodness my Mom and Dad are so cool.  Carolee and I have been helping them with their big renovation, and they are the victims of our first design screw-up.

Back in January there was a sale at one of our favorite furniture stores, so we went ahead and ordered a sofa and ottoman for the family room.  The furniture arrived months ago, and it has been sitting in the living room, (looking great), while the family room has been in demo mode.

We are almost ready to put the family room back together, so we decided to test out the furniture.  Mom and I both stood and cringed as Dad tried (without much success) to wedge all of the furniture into the family room.  Crap.  This is the current ottoman (only in black.)  There is no way it is fitting:
I guess I'm going to look at it as an opportunity.  I'm sure I can find something smaller and cuter.  Maybe one of these:

or a couple of these (handy because of the hidden storage):

So don't worry Mom and Dad... I'm working on it!

images from CSN Sofas