Fugly or Fabulous? Peacock Taxidermy

I am super curious about this.  I see huge stuffed peacocks in fancy interiors from time to time (like the dining room by Celerie Kemble in the current Lonny), and I’m dying to know what people really think of them.

Examples:

Oct/Nov 2010

elle decor july 2009 30.jpg

So, tell me what you think… fugly or fabulous???

btw… if you are on team fabulous, you can get one of your own from Plantation for the bargain price of $2395!!!  Eeek!

Peacock

*** For the record, I find taxidermy totally creepy in general.  Plus, due to my irrational bird phobia, I’d probably smp every time I walked in the room if I had a bird on display in my house.  So that being said, I’m super curious to see if I’m alone here on team fug… let me know… ***

images via

Lonny

Lonny

Elle Decor via City Sage

Elle Decor

Elle Decor