BEFORE & AFTER: WALLPAPER

Can anyone guess my favourite way to transform a room?  It’s wallpaper, obvs.  I’m a huge fan of wallpaper.  Maybe because it’s an instant gratification project.  Within hanging a couple of strips of wallpaper, you can see the room changing!  Plus, it’s a job you can do in an afternoon.  So much fun.

Anyways, last weekend my design sidekick, Carolee (ha!  Can I call you that!?!) and I wallpapered a wall for my uncle and his soon-to-be wife.  Here’s how it turned out:

The before/after view:

Pretty dramatic, right?  Using dark wallpaper is my favourite trick for taking the focus off of the big television above the fireplace. 

This wallpaper is a great mix of neutrals… some cool, some warm.  It was perfect for pulling in all of the shades of gray and cream in the room.  I also love that it has a little bit of metallic gold in the flower petals.  Just enough to add some sparkle!