Exciting Developments & A House Tour

I’m officially going into business!  I just started working with my first ‘stranger’ clients.  (OK, they aren’t really strangers anymore.  I’ve met with them twice.)  I’m helping them select kitchen finishes, and I love the direction that they are going in!  But I haven’t actually asked them if I can blog about it, so that’s all I’ll say.
So now I really need to nail down some business details.  Like business cards. And a business name.  I always thought I’d go with ‘Carissa Erickson Interiors’, but my name is a bit tricky to spell, and it’s kind of long.  I’m wondering if that will be problematic???  Maybe?  Maybe Not?  Input please!!!
Anyways… I realized that I haven’t ever really posted any of the ‘work’ that I’ve done for family and friends.  So today is the day!
This is the first house that I ‘officially’ decorated.  Well, my sister and I decorated it together, actually (before she went back to work!)  It was my Uncle’s new home, and needed to be furnished and zhushed up with wallpaper, tile, accessories, etc. 
The light in this house is amazing.  Here’s the view from the front door.  That huge window overlooks a big park. 

One of my favourite pieces was this sunburst mirror.  It filled up the tv space perfectly!  (Don’t worry… we snuck a tv into a different location…)

Peeking through towards the dining nook:

Dining area:

Kitchen island… (Can you spot the tv???  It swings out to face the island.)

We loved this tile:


Master bedroom.  That headboard looked gigantic… until the mattress was delivered!  That bed is huge.

Orange room.  Isn’t that bedside table the cutest?

Blue room.  I love this wallpaper with the blue lampshades!

Green room.  Gotta love the super cool Mad Men-esque pictures.

You know what was fun about this project?  Starting with a completely blank canvas.  We didn’t have to ‘work with’ any existing stuff.  On the other hand… that’s a different kind of challenge… adding personality when you are purchasing all new pieces.  Anyways, we loved working on this house, and are super grateful to our uncle for trusting us with the job!   
*All photos by Carolee.