Halloween Tricks & Treats With Style At Home

Is it universal that all kids love Halloween decor?  My kids are so excited to see the houses that have ‘spooky’ decorations outside.  I’m totally not into outdoor decorations1.
However… like I said, the kids love decorations.  So I decided I should pull together some non-tacky indoor Halloween decor.  Coincidentally, Elaine Song, Style At Home Web Editor, asked me to take part in a round up of bloggers’ Halloween ‘tricks and treats’ so I got out my glue gun and got busy…
I was inspired by these cute framed pieces, which I found on Pinterest (of course), but were from the pages of the fall issue of Sweet Paul.
Pinned Image
I wasn’t up for doing the embroidery, but I loved the quirky sayings, so I used some gold sequins and simply hot-glued them to some black fabric.  I found the gold frames at Value Village for $2 each.  Score.  The mini-pumpkins that I bedazzled for Thanksgiving fit right into the vignette.  Here’s how it turned out:


Hop over to Style at Home to see the rest of the bloggers’ Tricks & Treats.  You will be impressed with how stylish Halloween decor can be!  Thanks again to Elaine for including me in this fun feature!
1 – Mainly because I get SUPER annoyed at the people who leave those tacky decorations outside until Christmas.  Plus, I really don’t like handing out candy to trick-or-treaters and I think the decorations just encourage more of them.  (I know, I know… I’m a bit of a Halloween scrooge.  My mom and sister are totally on the same page… anyone else?)