Just the right amount of tacky

Here's a quick easy holiday decor craft.  Tissue paper flowers!  I found some shiny gold and silver tissue paper, and the kids helped me turn them into these fun flowers.
Big + Sparkly + Shiny + Fluffy = Just the right amount of tacky!


They're super versatile... we've tried them in the window:

... on the back of the tree:

... and on the stairway railing:

I like them on the railing, the kids like them in the window.  I think we might have to make a few more.  
Here's how:
  1. Take 6 to 8 pieces of tissue paper.  You can cut the sheets into rectangles of different sizes to make different sized flowers.
  2. Fold the sheets accordion style (approx. 1 inch folds)
  3. Secure the middle of the folded sheet with a small length of wire (I cut a twist tie in half)
  4. Separate the layers of paper, and fluff them into flowers
  5. Loop a piece of thread or ribbon through the center for hanging.