The Red Sweater

I don't even know why I'm posting this... except that it's a little bit hilarious.  I started knitting a red sweater MONTHS ago.  I have knitted before... a series of scarves one Christmas (yep... everyone got a scarf from me that year!)  So I decided I was ready to move on to a sweater.  I envisioned it turning out something like one of these (but in red.)

Here's what I ended up with... prepare yourself for some super un-flattering photos of me:
I know.... hahahahaha....

The good news is that I really enjoyed the knitting... it is true that knitting can be very relaxing.
The bad news is that I finally finished this thing and it ends up being approximately 10 sizes too big for me!  What the what???

I hope it's salvageable.  I'm going to try taking in the sides A LOT so that it has some shape.  Hope that helps!